Now you have iPhone 6 in your hand, you might be confused how to activate iPhone 6 with SIM card especially if previously you used Android phone. Actually, activating and setting up iPhone 6 with SIM card inside the phone are not as difficult as it may seem. You just need to read the options very carefully and choose the right option. Therefore, we decided to give you step-by-step instructions to activate iPhone 6 with SIM card inside it. Have a look.
- Back up your data from your old phone into iTunes or iCloud.
- Turn on your iPhone by pressing down the Power button until you see welcoming line Hello on the screen.
- Drag your finger to the right on sliding column to launch setup assistance.
- Select your language and country where you live.
- Select Wi-Fi network. If you have a problem with Wi-Fi network, you can use cellular connection to set up the phone.
- Select how you want to do for Location Service, enable or disable it. Later you can change the option on Setting App.
- Set up Touch ID. Put your finger or thumb on Home button for recording your fingerprints. This fingerprint can be used to unlock the phone in place of passcode and to purchase apps from Apple Store.
- Set up 6 digits passcode. This passcode will be used to unlock the phone as well as Apple Pay. Tap passcode options if you like to cut the passcode into 4 digits, change the form of passcode to be custom passcode, or eliminate the passcode at all.
- Select Restore from iTunes or iCloud Backup, or move data from Android phone to transfer your old data into this new iPhone. If this iPhone 6 is your first phone, choose Set up as New iPhone.
- Input your Apple ID and password. If you don’t have Apple ID, tap Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it? You need Apple ID to run the apps such as iTunes, iCloud, and many more.
- Set up Siri if you prefer speaking command to writing or taping on button.
- The next step is to customize the click of Home button. You can pass this step and set up later in Setting app.
- You are given options to choose the display resolution, standard or zoomed.
- Your phone is now activated.
- SIM card is required to activate the phone
- If you see “no SIM card install” on the screen, check whether you place SIM card in the right way, or maybe you have damaged SIM card.
- If you have problems activating your iPhone 6 by Wi-Fi connections or cellular data connections, try another way. That is using iTunes in your computer. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installer.
- Restart your phone and try activate once again.
- Recovery mode is used for restoring your iPhone.
Contact Apple Support if you have followed these instruction how to activate iPhone 6 with SIM card inside the phone but you still meet activation error and you cannot restore your iPhone.